Senior Scientist, R&D
Sagimet is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing FASN inhibitors to treat non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and various cancers. Our expertise in FASN enables us to break new ground in targeting dysfunctional metabolic pathways. Our lead program is in Phase 2 development. This scientist will join a successful team and contribute to development of our FASN inhibitors in NASH and in oncology.
Design, implement and analyze preclinical pharmacology and clinical biomarker studies.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and lead pharmacology studies with emphasis on informing mechanism and patient selection in FASN inhibitor clinical programs
- Implement biomarker assays and analysis in clinical studies, working with clinical team and CROs
- Analyze and evaluate data, interpret and present results to development teams
- Author IND sections, other regulatory documents, study reports and publications
- Member of multi-disciplinary team designing development strategies in NASH and oncology
- Work with academic collaborators
Qualifications and skills:
- PhD with at least 5 years’ experience in drug development, ideally in pharmacology or biomarker sciences. Expertise in DMPK or toxicology beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and CROs (all work will be outsourced or via collaborations)
- Background in oncology or NASH strongly beneficial
- Thrives in a small company, dynamic environment. Team-player able to work well across functions
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills are essential. Well versed in graphing programs.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills are essential
- Reports to Vice President, R&D
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.